Friday, October 06, 2006

I just checked my calendar and realized it was time for my semi-annual posting on the blog. ;) Actually, to be completely honest, there really just hasn't been all that much to post. After the last Hilti, we discovered a new category of Hilti. First, there was "Hilti", then we added "Fantasy Hilti", then "Hidden Hilti", and then "Heated Hilti" (that was a fun one...) Now we have "Extremely Dull Hilti" (which, coincidentally, is what most of my dates have to say when they get home.)
Kate begged to have an emergency Hilti session, so we gathered the entire crew together for this huge one night only event, and then everybody was so excited that whosever turn it wasn't proceeded to fall asleep (even when somebody other than me was talking!) With ratings like this, the season will never be renewed.
Thank goodness Charlie has joined us and is single-handedly getting enough "Action!" from the directors and writers of the series to support the rest of us.
Claire is once again the "new girl in the ward" all the guys are talking about. Too bad she's never actually in her ward. If things continue the way they are, she may have to resort to some cage-fighting.
Sun is "okay...", other than the fact that she hates all guys and that we're all pigs and jerks and we're all the same (especially when we get around our friends) and she wishes we would all die slow, painful deaths. Needless to say, she's IRAte! (rim shot) Anybody care for a bike ride...?
Kate has done her fair share of star-gazing in the past couple weeks. But it was no big deal because it was only for two seconds (and by "two seconds", I mean "five minutes".) Don't stress, Kate -- If you need a date this weekend, I know a 50 year-old that would LOVE to go out with you. ;)
Sawyer hasn't been around the much. Rumor has it there's some diamonds on the other side of the island. Spring may bring a Series Finale to Sawyer's social "agenda."
This brings me to my next point that I brought up a while back with Kate that I feel I need to address again - Girls totally have a racket! (rack.et [rak-it] noun 1. a dishonest scheme, trick, business, activity, etc.) In approximately two hours from now, I'm going to pick up my blind date. This girl was sitting at home one day, and I called and asked her if I could take her out. I'm going to pick her up at her house, open all of her doors, pay for her dinner, pay for her movie, drop her off right at her front door... and then I will say "Thanks." She'll go home and laugh with her friends for days about what an idiot I am, and I'll go home and cry myself to sleep. Then I'll do the same thing again next weekend with another girl.
"What's in it for the guy?", you ask. Good question. The answer is simple: Nothing.
And what's even more crazy, we guys (pigs) don't mind a bit. In fact, if it's a good blind date (oxymoron), I'll hope to be able to go make a fool out of myself again as soon as possible. (sigh...)
There's only one thing that can cheer me up now: Lego Thriller.

Watch Lego Thriller

1 comment:

The Former 786 said...

Let's hope the other readers of this forum know Thriller well enough to appreciate this Lego version.