Thursday, June 03, 2010

COLORADO TRIP

We just got back from a fun trip out to Colorado Springs to see Melanie's family. Connor absolutely loved it, and we all had a great time as well.

The night we got there, we drove up to the Fox Run? park in the Black Forest. It's just a few miles north of Colorado Springs, and it's absolutely beautiful. It reminded me a lot of Island Park, and it's just 10-15 minutes from their house. There are lots of trails and parks. I guess Dave and Melanie and their kids spend a lot of time there, and I can see why.



Connor hitched a ride with Graham and their Lexus stroller. (He'll never go back to his Graco now.)



It was non-stop fun with the cousins.



The next morning, we went swimming for only the third time in Connor's life, and the first time since he's been big enough to walk. He had a lot of fun cruising around the pool with Daddy (who needs to hit the gym.)



This next picture I lovingly refer to as Connor's "Celebrity Mug Shot".



Daddy was in charge of sunscreen, and I apparently didn't know you have to basically rub it into their eye, so I missed the lower eyelids. Poor Connor was burnt under both eyes pretty good. Plus, Matthew had jumped off of the ottoman onto the floor, and Connor tried to do the same. He bashed his head on the floor and scraped his nose on the heat vent. He had tripped and fallen on the way to the pool and scraped up his arm, and had somehow gotten another bruise on his arm. (Needless to say, we were on the watchout for CPS.) Here is another pic.



He had his first popscicle (which he loved.) After I took this next pic, it shocked me at how old he looked in it. It reminded me of pictures I've seen of Shane and I sitting together around that age.



Dave and Mel and tons of cool toys for the kids, and Connor loved all of them... But this was his absolute favorite!



He loved just hanging it with his cousins. Here he is giving Ashley a big hug.



Graham did not appreciate the hugs as much... Poor Graham! He was the only one in the room who didn't find it funny.



Here is a pic that shows the big scrape on his arm.



That night we went outside, and Matthew and Ashley and all the neighbor kids were out riding bikes. Connor wanted to do everything they did, so he grabbed one of Ashley's old big wheels and I pushed him around on that for a while. Then Melanie grabbed Graham's bike which was much easier on Dad's back.



Connor loved it. Here's pic of Connor making a face that was cracking us up.



The next morning we went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. It was really cool. Connor got to feed the giraffes.



I thought that was really cool. It was amazing to see them so close and touch them.



Here he is getting a close-up look at a chipmunk.



He also got to ride his first Merry-go-round.



By the end of the day, the kids were done. This was the best pic we could get of them at that point.



We went back and chilled in the backyard and had a BBQ. Despite the wind, it was a lot of fun. Connor just wanted to play with his cousins and do everything they did.



We got up the next morning, went to Sacrament Meeting, and then drove up to Denver to catch the plane home. Thanks, Dave & Melanie for a great trip! We had a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I can't believe how old he looks in all of those pictures and videos! What a cutie!

Joel said...

Ha! That celebrity mugshot is AWESOME!