Sunday, January 09, 2011

OUR EXCITING NEW YEAR'S!!!!

We didn't get far into our New Year's celebration when we heard a bang and then Connor crying. Kaylee and Connor were playing hopscotch in the living room. Renae was the closest to them so she picked him up and then we saw the blood rushing down his face. There was a moment of panic because it wasn't just a little blood, within about 30 seconds it was dripping off his chin. We rushed him to the counter so we could get a closer look. I tried talking to him and telling him it was okay while Spencer looked to see how bad it was. We got a cold rag on it and he slowly stopped crying while he kept a death grip on Spencer's arm. There was no way he was letting go, not even for me.


It stopped bleeding while Spencer held the rag on the cut. (He would get upset when you took it off. ). Thankfully he didn't need any stitches. Just liquid bandaid, which luckily the neighbors let us borrow. We're still not sure if he hit the corner of the fireplace or the corner of the cabinet. I guess it doesn't really matter since either way he'd still have a hole in his head. ;)


YES! That is dried blood on his cheek.


Apparently the hit to the noggin wasn't anything a little "Beatles, Rock Band" couldn't cure.


He still has a bruise and it's a little swollen. He will point to his head and say "I have Owie". He won't touch it and gets very upset when we have to change his shirt.


Amazingly enough, he was really good the rest of the night. I don't know anyone who would take a blow to the head and be cheery. He's a good little boy!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Tiffany, I love that he is playing rockband. He looks so grown up. It makes me laugh. He's so cute. Hope you are feeling good. Wow, it won't be long now. Good luck if I don't see you before then.

Joel said...

Tough kid. I'm glad he can shake something off like that.