To start off December Connor decided to make it memorable. So did mother nature. All night and day the wind was out of control. Trees and power lines down, no power, schools closed, people being lifted and thrown by the wind, etc. If that wasn't exciting enough, while I was cleaning, Connor came into the living room and turned to run back to his room and tripped, right into our rock entryway. Head first. He immediately started screaming and I said (to myself) please don't be any blood. We weren't that lucky. I picked him up and sat him on the kitchen counter and realized I needed rags so I took him to the bathroom and put cold rags on his head. During this time I grabbed my phone and called Spencer. He didn't answer so I put it on speaker and kept re-dialing. He finally answered and headed home. We ended up sitting on the bathroom floor so I wouldn't pass out. (I don't do well with blood). Connor was now just crying off and on and the bleeding had stopped when Spencer arrived home. He found Cambree on the kitchen floor eating all of Connor's yogurt she'd managed to take off the chair. Spencer looked at Connor's head and debated on taking him to the doctor. We decided to go to insta care, but when we got there they were closed because they had no power. The wind was crazy! Signs were down, light signals were barely hanging on and our car was moving back and forth. We ended up having to drive to Layton. We dropped Cambree off at Rob and Renae's and headed to the clinic.
I probably looked like white trash because I was still in my pj's with no make up and a hat cause my hair wasn't done. Connor had no shoes, no shirt but a jacket and pj bottoms. I forgot my wallet so I had no insurance card and no way to pay the co-pay.
After Spencer parked the car he came in and paid the co-pay and we went right in to the doctor, whom I still don't know his name. Connor sat on Spencer's lap while to doctor cleaned the cut and then put the industrial liquid bandaid on it. Connor did awesome!!!! He didn't cry at all. He gripped his sucker in one hand and Spencer's leg in the other. I was very impressed he did so well, so was the doctor. I'm so glad he didn't do any permanent damage and it hopefully won't scar too bad. Just a nice gash between his eyes.
I don't know if you can tell how swollen he was.
2 comments:
Poor boy! Now he has a scar to kinda match Coop's. He'll look tough!
Scary! Having a kid get injured is always scary, but that just all sounds so stressful! I'm glad you kept your sanity. :)
Post a Comment